Mar 24, 2018

Tucked in!

This last week, I've had what's called pouch-i-tis. If you've heard of Crohn's diseases, pouch-i-tis is basically a flare up in the lower half of the belly, and when not treated with proper foods or medication, the patient can be in serious pain. The first signs of experiencing pouch-i-tis, (at least for me) would be nausea, and going to the bathroom more frequently, and low grade fevers. I normally don't begin to feel pain until about a day into the cause, so it's not so bad, but sometimes I wish I felt it sooner, so I can treat it quicker.

How do we treat pouch-i-tis? Well, we use a very organized system.

If you have a corn bag, warm it up and place it on the pained area. It will hopefully decrease the flare up. Plus, if you're cold, it's an added bonus. Unfortunately, this time I had another side effect, known as blurry eye vision. It wasn't a migraine, but it was close to one. I couldn't see well in the light, and I always had to be in the dark, and before I took my naps, we put eye drops in to see if that will help. It did. So if you're having eye issues, try using simple eye drops.

One day, when I was in bed, my parents told me that 2 of my best friends had come by with a treat. I texted them the next day telling them how much I appreciated their thoughtful gift! It truly did make my day. As simple as Chocolate and Balloons go, anything can make a persons day a bit brighter, you never know until you do the service. Thank you girls! Don't worry, we'll get together someday soon and do something fun!


Oh, and I was supposed to volunteer at the Temple last Saturday night, but I'm glad I didn't, because later on I ended up throwing up a sauce I had at Arby's that day, (Arby's Sauce). That's another issue patience seem to struggle with while having Crohn's. You never know what foods your body will reject at a certain time of your life. It's mainly trial and error. For example: I haven't had broccoli for awhile, because last time it made me really sick. It's hard sometimes because I really love these foods, but I can only have them in moderation, or not at all. Fruits and Veggies need to be consumed in moderation, cooked veggies are easier to digest, too much fiber is bad for our bowels (weird word to mention on a blog, I know), but what can we do? I guess in the future, if I use a word that's awkward like - bowels - I'll change it to something fun like; bubbles. Haha. Okay? Okay. Now that we got that out of the way.

Another remedy that helps pouch-i-tis, is baths. A nice warm bath will help soothe your belly in more ways than one, (as it relaxes your entire body). I was lucky to take 2 baths this last week, and I use this special oil to make my skin extra soft. I suffer from eczema in the Winter. I enjoy watching movies on my iPad, and one movie I watched was Tarzan:



Today has been an interesting day, as I was supposed to volunteer at the Temple tonight as well. I chose to call in sick because I still kind of am. Have you ever heard of the term, irritated bowel syndrome? Well, I have that. and it's not fun at all. Whenever I get nervous, I feel like I need a toilet to sit on to calm my nerves, otherwise I'd go in my pants. That wouldn't be fun, or clean. So, that's one reason why I called in sick. Another reason, is that I had a hard time sleeping last night. My right ear kept making a light sprinkler sound that wouldn't turn off! I think I'm at the end of my medication too, so my IBS is in for it big time. I just need to learn to meditate and calm my nerves down whenever I'm sick, because being sick is normal. Meaning, I'm not the only person whose ever been sick. I'm so thankful for my Psychologist, because he's helped me a lot in the past, and continues to help me today, but more on him another time.

For those of you who don't know this, I have 2 parakeets, Phoebe and Kirby. They always make me happy when I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I'm so blessed to have a support system who takes care of me at home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment